Ration Card Online – Assam
Ration Card related information related to Ration Card in Assam, Apply Online, Renew Ration Card, Inclusion or Deletion Member’s Name, Surrender Certificate, Name/ Address Change etc for Assam State is available on this page.
Ration Card so called Family Identity Cards (FIC) are issued by the government to its citizens and for the welfare of the society, public distribution system is followed by the government. Under which 3 types of the Ration Card is used to be issued to the people.
Types of Ration Card in Assam-
Above Poverty Line- It is yellow in colour and to be issued to the person having income above Rs. 15000/- per annum.
Below Poverty Line- People having the income below 15000/- per annum is counted under the below poverty line and it is red in colour.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana- Families who dont have the proper means of earning and are poorest of the poor families from BPL is considered under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana. It is green in Colour.
Food grains is given to these families at lower than market price and at different prices to different card holders.
Persons who don’t have the their Ration Card, can apply for the Ration Card by submitting the duly filled application form to the FCS & CA Authority of the District/ Sub- Division (C) along with the necessary documents. Application can be made in case person have lost its Ration card/The person having ration card at the previous place/After Marriage entry to be made in the ration card or in case of birth of child.
Documents Required for Ration Card in Assam-
For New Ration Card in Assam-
In case person having no ration card, he must produce a certificate from the village Head/ Gaon Panchayat/ Ward Commissioner/Inspector/ FCS & CA/ Concerned Authority in writing that he does not have any ration card and following documents related to the family should be submitted.
- Detailed particulars of the family members
- Copies of birth certificates of minor members(Below 10 years in age)
- Certified copy of relevant page of Voter List
- Copy of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
- Surrender certificate of Ration Card/Family Identity holding or non-availability certificate from the FCS&CA authority where the applicant was previously resided.
- Address Proof (attested copy of PAN Card /Driving License / Bank Passbook / Post Office Passbook /Municipal Holding receipt / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill)
In case Duplicate Ration Card in Assam-
In case the ration card is lost or become defaced, mutilated, illegible or otherwise rendered unless for no fault of the holder of the ration card, the competent authority can issue duplicate ration card after charging the appropriate fee. For this Self declaration with Police Report must be attached.
For Separate Ration Card in Assam-
If application has been made for the separate Ration Card by the Applicant then following documents need to be attached-
- Surrender Certificate in Original
- Parental Family Identity Cards in original
- Self Declaration
- Certificate From Village Head/Gram Panchayat President/ Ward Commissioner
- No Objection Certificate by Head of Family of Parental Family Identity Card (Ration Card) for inclusion of additional members (Attested Copies)
- Proof of Date of Birth(Birth Certificate / X Pass Certificate / declared / other)
- Proof of Residence
- Photo Identity / Election / PAN / Driving license card / Passport
For Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender
- Original Family Identity Card (Ration Card)
- Local Certificate / Election Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Proof of Date of Birth(Birth Certificate/X Pass Certificate/declared/other)
- Surrender Certificate in case of inclusion
- Death Certificate in case of death of a member
For Change of the Head of the Family-
In the case of the death of the Head of the family, other family member can be appointed as head of the family. So updation should be made in the Ration Card regarding the Head of the family. Applicant must produce the death certificate of the deceased HOF and No Objection Certificate should also be attached.
For the change in the Residential Address-
In case of the change in the residential address, applicant have to submit the Old Ration card and Photo Identity/ Election Identity Card/PAN/Driving License/Passport specifying the new address.
In case after marriage entry to be made in the ration card deletion certificate is also required from the previous place of residence and that will be issued by the FCS& CA Authority.
All the lists of the Ration Card holder classified into AAY, BPL, APL with the beneficiary families has been published online by the Government of the Assam. Full details regarding the card holder can be downloaded from the official website.
Further application details and notification for the ration card in Assam can be gathered from the official link of the Public Distribution System, Assam.
Department Details in Assam for Ration Card
Department Name- Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department
Address- Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department, Bhangagarh, Guwahati-781005, Assam
Toll Free No.- 18003453611, 1967 (BSNL only)
Official Website URL- http://fcs.assam.gov.in/